Thursday, June 30, 2011

Haley Joel Osment STILL sees dead people!

"The Sixth Sense" star is now doomed to see dead people forever as he takes one of the lead roles in the 2012 adaptation of the novel "Wake the Dead" written by Steven Niles. "Wake the Dead" was a graphic novel based off Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein," the single most important horror film EVER! For those of you that don't know, Frankenstein started the horror movie phenomenon! "Wake the Dead" focuses on two medical students that try and bring back the dead. Osment plays one of the students, Victor Franklin. Article on Osment and "Wake the Dead" here.

I'm thinking that Haley Joel Osment got stuck into Sci-Fy/Fanatasy type roles in his most notable movies, The Sixth Sense and AI, and it appears that "Wake the Dead" won't be any different. He has also been in "Second Hand Lions" and "Pay It Forward," both pretty sad movies. Haley Joel Osment is also known for voicing Sora in the hit video game produced by Square Enix, Kingdom Hearts. He has voiced Sora in the first and second games as well as all of the spin-off games such as "Birth By Sleep," "368/2 Days," "Recoded," and "Chain of Memories." It's safe to say, though, that Osment has mostly participated in Fantasy type projects. Here is a list of projects he has been on.

For those of you that don't know, Kingdom Hearts is a mix of Disney and Final Fantasy.

Haley Joel Osment is around my age and i've grown up with him. I've seen him in The Sixth Sense up to Artificial Intelligence and Second Hand Lions. I've also seen his sister, Emily Osment, who starred in Hannah Montana as Miley Cyrus' best friend, Lily. Before that, she was in a lot of TV movies and even was in Spy Kids 2 and Spy Kids 3-D where her character, Gerti Giggles, would make her ponytails rotate like helicopter propellors!

She was so much younger! Those rotating pigtails still trip me out!

Both Haley Joel and Emily Osment have made it in the acting world and I commend them for that! Both of them have undertook drastically different roles as Haley Joel is more into the Fantasy side of things whereas Emily has been captured by Disney. Even though Haley Joel does more movies that I like to watch, not to mention voicing the main character of one of my favorite video games, Emily has a lot more mainstream things going for her. I'm guessing, that out of the two, Emily has it better than her brother.


In this adaptation, I would call Emily the bird and Haley the kitten!

When i say Emily is probably doing better, I mean that she probably makes 100 million doll hairs a year while Haley only makes 50 million, lol. They are both still doing really well in their respective careers. I do not mean to down one or the other, tis just my humble opinion. What do ya'll think of this new movie that Haley is going to be in? Excited? I know I am! I've been waiting for a remake of Frankenstein! Even though it isn't really Frankenstein, but the graphic novel based off Frankenstein, it's still close enough!
















No comments:

Post a Comment