Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Do's and Don't's of Dog Fights


 Random blog post I know, but we all need to know about dog fighting! Besides, my German Shepherd and Black Lab got into a fight yesterday and fought for like 15 minutes straight, so I may be able to give you some pointers. It was ridiculous! Kind of like watching one of my wrestling matches, but longer!


Here is a list of DON'T'S

1.) Don't stand in the general vicinity of where the dog fight is happening. You are likely to get bit. My step brother's little papillion knew this and moved out of the way FAST!

That Papillion is GONE!

 2.) Don't try to break up a dog fight by yourself. Even if you're able to restrain one of the dogs, the other dog will continue to try and fight. I like to call this cheating!



3.) Don't stick your arm in between the dogs to try and break them up. You'll most likely end up getting bit! My German Shepherd bit my arm and gave me two nasty puncture wounds on each side of my arm! Luckily, the doctor said i'll live! Honestly though, a German Shepherd biting my arm could have easily lead to a broken arm! Their crushing power is intense!

True That!

4.) Don't yell really loud for no reason and try to break the dogs up by pulling their tails, hitting them with   sticks, or anything else that will irritate them more. All this will do is piss them off more and cause them to fight longer!

 Brick Tambland yelling for no reason!

5.) Don't make organized Dog Fights like Michael Vick otherwise you'll probably go to jail... or PETA will get you!



The DO'S

1.) Stay out of it! The dogs will probably tire themselves out eventually. My dogs tore themselves up pretty good and now are just laying around the house being lazy!



2.) If you're feeling strong and you want to try to break it up, try to to throw one of the dogs in another room and hold the other one back with your leg while you shut the door. Isolation should diffuse the tension. I tried to do this, but the power of these dogs was too much for me to handle alone.

 A fence works too

3.) Poke them with sticks as to pull them apart from each other.



4.) Or simply hide until the fighting stops.



There you have it! My two cents on dog fights! Like I said, my dogs tore themselves up pretty good and my German Shepherd's Canine tooth is falling out of his head.

 This is a dog fight you MAY be able to break up!


Have you ever been in a dog fight? Have you broken up your dogs (or tried to) and got injured? Tell me your stories! I want to hear!

1 comment:

  1. all you have to do is spray them with water. I worked at a vet hospital and thats what we would do, sometimes they try to keep fighting but they usually stop.

    ReplyDelete