Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One legged wrestler goes ALL THE WAY!!!!


Over this past weekend, Anthony Robles, a 17 year old kid in high school won the 125 pound national wrestling championship! What's so amazing about this, you ask? Well let me tell you, friends: This kid was born with no right leg! Not only did he win the championship, but he didn't lose a single match this past season! If that's not inspiration, then I don't know what is!

Being a former wrestler myself, I have a huge amount of respect for this kid! Not only did he win... He dominated! I didn't even go on to the national championship matches in the 145 pound weight class and I have both my legs!

This just goes to show everyone that no matter how "disabled" you may think you are, you can do great things with a little bit of effort and the correct mindset. Like Katy Perry says, "Baby, you're a Firework!" I wouldn't go as far as asking you if you've ever felt like a plastic bag, but you get the idea!

I leave you with this, friends: Believe in yourself and do your best everyday and ANYTHING is possible! I also leave you with this here: Full Story by CBSnews

Feel free to leave me your comments if you would like to elaborate on how amazing an individual that this young man is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment